Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Making some extra money for the summer

Well, the summer is always slow for my book sales. So, I've decided to make some extra cash by making arbors. I've made a couple before in the past just for me and my girlfriend. But this one is a step up and I'm selling it locally for $195 Canadian dollars. This is my first test, so we'll see how this one sells. Selling one a week would be nice, at least for the summer.

Since this is painted white it doesn't have to be cedar. In this case I used spruce and fir, much cheaper. It is always cool to design something on the computer or paper and then have it turn into reality. It always amazes me.

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Very nice looking arbor. I was wondering how you were planning to sell them? I really like your ideas and this seems to be right up there with the rest of them. Are you doing an online ad in Craigslist or something similar or are you doing a roadside display. Always interested in other peoples approach to getting their product out there.

    Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
    Thom
    http://greeninsd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete